Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Stretch Drive for the Fancy Schmancy Begins

We're just 4 days away from my first political fundraiser ever! I am at once very excited and very nervous, which I'm not used to. Today we emailed 7,500 of our closest friends to remind them about the event and the campaign, and I invited 400 or so friends on facebook. Sure, many of these people live far away, but I figured I'd let the world know at least once about my newest endeavor.

Anyway we're 4 days away, and I'm still not sure how many people are coming. I will say, people are responding very positively, and contributions are starting to come in, both very good signs. I got a great email today from a very involved parent and fellow alumnae of the best public school in the city, Hunter College High School. It's emails like hers that keep me going on a day that otherwise could have been very stressful.

For the final time in '07, Happy Hannukah. Now, after the countdown to the fancy schmancy, the countdown to Santa begins for my 4 1/2 year old. Good times...

No comments: