Friday, December 7, 2007

4th Night Out in a Row and Joe Crowley's Plane Keeps Him in Washington

Last night I went to the Building Awards at Terrace on the Park, hosted by the Queens Chamber of Commerce, of which my company thekbuzz is a corporate member. Maybe I would've been in a better mood, but it was my 4th consecutive night out, and for 3 nights straight I had lit the Hannukah candles with my daughters and then left. So I was a bit on the grumpy side when I found out keynote speaker Congressman Joe Crowley was stuck in Washington with flight issues.

Still, I really enjoyed meeting a few people that even taught me a thing or two, including the publicity director for Councilman Erica Gioia, with whom I'm hoping to meet soon, and two ladies from Sunnyside Community Services, who won an award. SCS seems likes they're doing a terrific job serving seniors in their community- something very important to me for my district- so I hope to stop by their center soon and learn what's made them so successful.

Tonight- it's Hannukah at my inlaws house- which for some, might seems like a chore- but for me, will be such much needed rest and relaxation...even if they do send me home with a bunch of chotchkies I don't need.

And just in case you haven't noticed, my kickoff fundraiser party next Saturday Dec 15th has been moved to a new location: Trattoria Lucia, a beautiful Italian restaurant in Bellerose- but it'll still be 6-10 PM and feature open bar, a full dinner, karaoke, and LOTS OF FUN SURPRISES! Email me at dave@davekerpen.com for more info.

No comments: