Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Randi! and Happy Holidays Weprins!

I attended two parties last night, one held by UFT for Randi Weingarten's 50th Birthday Roast, and a holiday party held by the Saul Weprin Club. As an active UFT member myself and member of the Weprin club, I knew a lot of people at both functions, and while I was quite exhausted at the end of the day, I had a good time.

Missed my family a lot, though. It was the first night of Hannukah, and rushing off to rub elbows with Al Sharpton after lighting the candles with my girls wasn't exactly my dream Hannukah experience.

Tonight it's the JFK Club's Holiday Party. This is the club I began with, led by the tireless Morty Povman and Charlotte Scheiman along with President Herb Ryan. If any club is to support me in the early going, it's this one. Should be good times, and a t least tonight I had a couple of hours to celebrate Hannukah with my family. :-)

No comments: