Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Campaign Begins

I just sent out letters and Campaign Kickoff party invitations to 400 of my closest friends and family members as I officially begin my campaign for City Council in New York. I'm nervous, but mostly really excited. I haven't campaigned for any office since college, I have few political connections if any, I am not an attorney as most successful politicians are, and I am running against at least 2 established people in the community.

On the other hand, I'm getting started really early, I am a dedicated and successful teacher and business person, I have a firm understanding of the power of new media, I am good at fund-raising, and most important, I have an amazing network of friends and family who will support me however they can, led by my fearless and tireless wife Carrie. Thanks Carrie for all you have done and will do. You will always be my one and only.

Now I'm off to deliver more Kickoff party invitations to businesses in my district.

No comments: