Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proud to be a New Yorker

Today is a tough day for all of us. I tried to avoid it the past few days- and I remember thinking as I looked at my calendar, "What should I do - not schedule meetings? I've got to move on."

This morning, I decided not to move on, at least for a couple of hours. At my wife's recommendation, I listened to WPLJ, normally a morning show I don't like- and they had incredible coverage of September 11th, 7 years later.

It was just people calling in, talking, sharing, and reflecting, but most of all, remembering.

On a day in which some media suggested it was time to move on with their coverage (or lack of coverage) , I chose to be sad, and remember, at least for a few hours.

Hearing of thousands of others doing the same, I was proud to be a New Yorker.

No comments: