Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Labor Day and a couple of thoughts

This week, we celebrate Labor Day. While many barbecue, go to the beach and enjoy a day off, it's important to remember what this day is all about.

I have a unique position, as both a Union activist, with the United Federation of Teachers, as well as business owner, of theKbuzz. Because of this position, I often find myself at odds with people, and even at odds with myself. :)

There are many complicated issues- which I have explored and will continue to explore over the next months and years.

The bottom line, however, is that both labor and business can simultaneously thrive in this city and country. Both sides need to be willing to compromise and need to always put the people they serve first, whether those people are students, taxpayers, shareholders, or customers.

No comments: