Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why the Heck Am I Doing This Anyway?

This election is over a year away and already it's been hard. I have a young family, a young, rapidly growing business, and tons of responsibilities. My firm, theKbuzz, is doing great- so I stand to make a great deal more money working in the private sector than in the public sector. I already have 4 opponents and, according to rumors, will almost definitely have one more, extremely-difficult-to-beat opponent in Jack Friedman or Mark Weprin.

So why the heck do this?

The answer, as always, is simple:

I want to help. I want to serve my city. I want to make New York City a better place to live in, for my friends, family, and most important, my children.

Maybe it's selfless- maybe it's totally selfish. After all, I'll be the first to admit- I want to help millions of New Yorkers- but most of all, I'd like to help my 5 year old Charlotte and 1 year old Kate, 2 of millions of children to grow up in a community, borough, and city, with great access to public education, health care, clean, safe streets, and continued access to the greatest city in the world, N.Y.C.

No comments: