Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whether it's for Obama or Clinton, Make Sure You Vote Today or Register Soon

It's Super Tuesday, and I'm feeling super! As the New York Times said the other day about Jewish voters in New York (of which I'm one of course), it's an embarrassment of riches with Obama and Clinton. Both are excellent candidates that bring a lot to the table for New Yorkers and the nation.

I'll be voting for Clinton, but I do like Obama a lot too. Heck, I don't agree with his politics, but from everything I can tell, John McCain would make a pretty darn good leader too.

The only way you can lose is if you don't vote.

I interviewed a babysitter for my kids yesterday, a smart, passionate college senior who wants to make the world a better place. She wasn't voting, and felt disillusioned about government and the political process. This made me very sad. Surely if this bright, idealistic 22 year old had no intention to vote, there are countless other people young and old not voting in arguably the most important election year of our lives.

The good news? There's still time for the November election.
VOTE TODAY IF IT'S YOUR STATE'S PRIMARY, AND IF YOU'RE NOT REGISTERED TO VOTE YET, REGISTER TODAY! CLICK HERE! Every vote does count, young ladies and gentlemen, and your future is in fact on the line.

Besides, if you're in the 23rd District of New York City, I'll need you to register in time to vote for me next year.
:-)

No comments: