Friday, February 1, 2008

Went to 2 Events Last Night...and One was actually moving

Last night I attended the quarterly fundraiser for the Queens County Democratic Party, who is whole-heartedly supporting Hillary for President. Saw a lot of the same faces, mostly friendly, that I see at all of these functions. Frankly, these functions are already starting to get boring- and the race has barely begun. Thanks to Morty Povman and my friends from the JFK Regular Democratic Club for setting me up at the event...it really wasn't so bad, just not as inspirational as I'd hoped.

I left early, though, to attend a the kickoff party for my neighbor's Relay for Life event with the American Cancer Society. The event last night was held at the Queens County Farm, in my district, just as the relay will be at the Farm May 31st - June 1st, 2008. What an amazing, inspiring group of people the folks are that I met and saw last night. I can't wait for the Relay, at which I'll be a Team Captain. Let me know if you're interested in participating in any way.

No comments: